Monday, December 14, 2009

Half Way Finished

Today is Monday, December 14, 2009. It was another hot and muggy day, 80 degrees. When do we get the Fall weather? If it was just hot without the muggy, it would be fine. But, oh how I really dislike that humidity. The miniature Japanese Magnolia tree has buds on it, no leaves. Will be interesting to see what happens here.

This is what I have been working on for the most part of the day. It is going to be a rag quilt for my grandson. It is all cut out and pinned up so I know where things go. Then tomorrow I will sew each square and start putting it together. In the center where the two blanks are, is going to be his hand prints. I sent his mother home with the things that she needed to get it done. I hope she did this today so that I can get it set and finished tomorrow. After it is all sewn together, it has to all be clipped and then washed.

On Wednesday I am hoping to get another one cut out and pinned for another grandson. He likes sports so this is what I am going to try to do. With some time and few interruptions, I should have both of them done no later than Friday. I don't like to run the dryer so I will wait to wash them together.

Talked to hubby tonight, he is not a happy camper, the internet is out again where he is at. It has been out since before he left last week. I told him not to feel bad, Comcast is out more than working and there is no way it could be another modem. I called them today and she put a work order in, her computer wouldn't let her do this. Come to find out is was an area outage. I think I should be able to pay my Comcast bill every thirty days of continuous service.

Have to get a load of laundry put away and finish up the kitchen, then maybe I will start sewing tonight. But then maybe not. LOL

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt is wonderful! I bet your grandson will just love it!
    I agree with you about chores not being so bad when you have the right tools. The sweeper though is my Dad's since we live with him and care for him..( intially we (my daughter and I) moved in to help Mom when she had cancer and then decided to stay on and help Dad out when Mom died..Dad also has a form of Luekemia but has a drug that helps him to stay into remission..the side effect is that it tires him out). My Dad is one who likes to get the most for his money and I believe he definitely did with this sweeper. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilt... as nan said your grandson will love it.... throw some of that 80 degree weather my way.. it was 17 this morning... burr..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great combination on the quit and I'm sure will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt! I can't sew a straight line, so anything crafty like this just wows me!

    Too bad about the muggy - I don't like humidity either. I might consider trading you for a day though. You try out the snow. You might really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt!! What a great way to personalize them with their handprints. You are so clever!! Be sure to post a picture of finshed quilts, can't wait to see them.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh darling friend.

    I received an angel in the mail. And then I pretended I was one and flew around the room with her.

    Dede it is so beautiful and I thank you so much dear friend.

    I love it.

    Love Renee xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling Dede I forgot to say how much I loved Sonia's card too.

    Thank you.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dede!

    I am so glad to be back to visiting! Thanks for your well wishes on my move. I am SO, SO glad it's done. I really hate moving. Your quilt is beautiful! I am supposed to take quilt classes (my friend wants me to) but I will do that after the holidays. :) It's rainy and cold here...so when you said it was 80 and humid I was jealous. I have had dreams of moving to Florida. *sigh*

    xoxo

    Lots of love and blessings...

    Michelle and the kitties :)

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))