Monday, March 1, 2010

A Gorgeous Start To March


Today is Monday, March 1, 2010. This morning felt like spring was well on the way. The sun was shining the skies were blue and it was a wonderful 68 degrees. The little Japanese Magnolia tree has started to bloom already, not one leaf, but loads of buds ready to bloom. The light and the warmth of the sun is just so energizing.

With the wonderful weather there wasn't a better time to get some laundry out on the lines. After we finished up with school, we headed into cleaning the boys rooms. Remember they are both teenagers, neither one wanted my help. Okay, no problem, however I am going to check them when you say they are finished. They have so much junk in those rooms, time for a really good spring cleaning in there.

Neither one was able to finish up today. It is a really good thing that we burn most of our trash. I can only imagine how many cans they could have filled up today with what cleaning they did do. Under those beds and in those closets are scary to say the least. Both of them are feeling pretty good about the way their rooms are looking.

This week we will really get the cleaning done, we all know that nothing is going to get done here in a few weeks. Unless of course it is raining, then housework will get done. Then Friday I will have to cook for three weeks, while George is on his drive home.

Maybe I can get some sewing in this week too. Have a few ideas and have fabric cut and ready to go, just not put together. Oh, if you haven't visited Chris over at Prim County Farms, you really need to check out her newest goodies. She has been busy with new items and they are so cute! I just had to have the witch hat and boot! She has an Etsy Shop and her own site. If you have a minute, give her a look.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today.~Brightest Blessings~

8 comments:

  1. Oh Dede that is one of the most stunning budding trees I have seen! can't wait until it blooms!
    I am a bit of a mess right now with everything going on in my life, but you made me smile!
    Thank you dear one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tree. What kind is it? It sure does make it look like spring.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. so envious of your 68 degree temps... lucky you... I would have all the windows opened myself.. enjoy your wonderful days and the signs of spring fast approaching..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooo hoooo finally some decent weather for you!!!! The Magnolia tree is beautiful and welcoming. How in the world did you motivate two teenage boys to clean their room? I only have one more load of laundry to go, coats, the rest is done including all 4 beds and my grand kids think you need lots of blankets, lol. Sure wish I could put mine on the line though, plus it's so much faster!!!

    ((Big Hugs))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dede I love your little tree it is so pretty and full of life.
    Thank you Dede for including me in your beautiful story. It made me tear up a little.LOL
    Hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Spring pictures! Love the tree, I need one of those! Fly by my blog when you get a minute, I left something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dede would you please go to my blog.I have something for you!!
    Hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics! I have an award for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))