Thursday, June 2, 2011

Middle of The Third Week

These 2 know how to enjoy the summer!

Today is Thursday, June 10, 2011. The weather has been just gorgeous, hot but gorgeous! There has even been a nice breeze to enjoy. The critters are really enjoy it the birds and squirrels are all over the yard, there are turkeys over the fence too.

This week is the third week of radiation and Wednesdays are slap crazy. It started at 8:30 with my first dose of radiation, then to the radiation doctor, then over to PT, from there to ENT, then to draw blood and then back for my second dose of radiation. Most Wednesdays are that way. Wednesdays are the double dose of radiation. Felt a little rough yesterday when I got home thinking it was the heat, but after a nap, thought other wise. Twenty-three more doses to go, the last one should be June 29.

Still trying to get the quilts finished up, damn this just zaps the energy right out of you, if I get the laundry, dinner, dust or vacuum done, I have done just about all I can do for the day. Not liking that, love to be working on my crafts and don't seem to even be able to sit at the sewing machine or ironing board.

I would like to ask a favor of you that would like to help a friend out. Leta has had cancer three different times now and different types, she is my hero. Anyway she volunteers at the animal shelter. There is this little three pound dog there that has been adopted twice and brought back both times. She says, "his little lipstick doesn't close up all the way." She is on disability is under going breast cancer treatment, and would like to adopt him, however the fee is $105 which there is no way she has. If you feel the need to help her save him, they want to put him down, she has a paypal account at witchywoman1922@gmail every dollar will help to adopt him. I will put up a picture of his as soon as she figures out how to work the camera to do it. LOL

Everyone that donates will be put into a drawing for a bracelet of their choice from my Etsy shop. It doesn't matter the amount of the donation, just make sure to add BBW Blog to the Paypal transaction so that I know to add your name.

I hope to get some things done or finished up today. Really not liking this laying around doing nothing. They have started the farmer's market down town again here, so I hope that this Saturday I will have it in me to get my butt up and down there. Everyone needs to support them now that it is back, including me, no matter how I feel.

I love our down town shops, the shop owners are the coolest folks you ever want to meet. Last summer we were not here and then I got this junk, it feels like it has been years since I have been there, keeping my fingers crossed that I get there this Saturday.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

12 comments:

  1. Good wishes coming to you, with this radiation. My daughter beat breast cancer, and had to have both chemo and radiation with hers. It's not easy.

    Hugs,
    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little kids are so cute. Not sure if they are part of your extended family or not. But cute they are, beating the heat.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you posting. I've really missed you, my friend. This is really not my kind of weather, sad to say. Too hot, too soon. We've been close to the 90's and humid. Too yucky for late May, early June.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The excess heat takes a lot out of a person, too Dede. .and your body is already fighting enough right now. I know it is hard for you, but you really should pamper yourself. .don't feel guilty for catching those naps. .you need that extra rest to heal.

    I sent you a separate note, so be on the lookout for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dede! Such cuties you've got there. I'm with Suzie! I sent you a little note 2 but I have several emails for you. I hope you got it! xo Becca blogger is acting up today

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI sweet Dede. What a cute pair of girls. The one on the left looks like the girl in your header/banner on the right.
    I am so sorry this is so hard on your whole family. I know you will get through this.
    All the heat, radiations, and surgeries are depleting you a little. Sleep when you can and take time for your self when you need to, it is very important. If you feel like working in the morning, do it then, otherwise rest when you can.
    You guys will all make it through this you are all strong and caring people and it is going to be the other side of this one day.
    Be strong and take care.
    You are so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dede - you have more energy on radiation than I do without it! LOL! You are so awesome. Just remember to REST and be a couch potato, too. Give your body a chance to heal. Love and xoxo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dede, count me in! I would much rather support a person who is going to care for an unwanted animal than the local 'shelter' that supposedly has a no-kill policy, yet seems to disregard that when it isn't convenient for them to house the animals! Grr! I hope your friend brings him home soon!

    Thinking of you always, as you go through these treatments. You are a tough cookie, but you will need lots of rest - make sure you get it! The quilts can wait.

    The pool looks like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dede....soooo good to be back. I am also SO happy to hear you are tolerating the radiation. That can be really rough. I'm glad you're enjoying your summer. I wish I was in that pool. Today was only about 80 but SO humid here...sticky, sticky. As for your friend with the shelter puppy....I will try to donate something in a couple of days when I get paid! So sad that animals have to be put down. They are so selfless..not like humans..and they have to be put down. :( Hoping she gets the money!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning hon...have been thinking of you hon and sending healing your way! Ackkk radiation..ickkkk. I remember taking my mom! Hang in there hon!
    Took me a second to figure out the lipstick part LOL! I hope maybe later this month I can add a little! We all need a love!
    Yes to getting out to the shops..and don't worry about what you are getting done hon..just breathe and rest..the other stuff can wait. The dust will be there tomorrow!!
    Hugs and love to you hon, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this week goes well for you dear.
    I will be thinking of you.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing those two girls in the water having fun.
    I hope you are feeling well. Another day down right??
    Yay for you!!!
    I cheer for you every day.

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))