Friday, February 22, 2013

Fantastic Friday

Today is Friday, February 22, 2013.  Not sure what the weather is like, it is still very dark outside.  According to the weatherman, it is suppose to rain.  But yesterday when George got home he told me that he was getting his two days off!  I am so thrilled!  Maybe we can get to the flea market or get some yard work done.  Have to move those pretty tree vines, they are tearing up the fence.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be, just wasn't feeling so hot.  Have learned enough to know that when you don't feel so hot, quit pushing and chill for the day.  The angel food cake did get made and the journal did get started, two listings were done so all that has to be done this weekend is to publish them.  The only thing that I didn't get done are the four place mats.  Maybe this weekend if George is off doing something, I will be able to get them cut out.

He had to run this morning to get some paperwork turned in or something of that nature.  Sure seems like there has been a lot of paperwork to be done here lately and I really dislike paperwork.

This weekend will be busy, but I get to spend it with my husband.  I know that he has to work, but winning the lottery is for sure an option here.  I could get really used to him being home everyday.  We have so much fun together.  He is going to teach me how to play domino's.  I have never played it and they guys in SC used to play it at lunch and breaks. A game that he played during his childhood, we played a lot of board games and cards at our house.

So I am hooked to the humidifier while he is doing that paperwork thing.  When he gets home we can start our weekend!  If the rains come, we can get movies and junk food for the weekend. We haven't done that in years and I do mean years. So either way it will be a win, win for us.

~Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today!~ Brightest Blessing

14 comments:

  1. We're going to have rain starting tonight right straight through Sunday. Looks like I will be in my jammies from tonight til Monday. Nothing like relaxing in your fannels.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary I love my flannels! I wish I could be like these kids that go out in public in them. No really....Glad to hear that you are relaxing! Enjoy your weekend sweet friend! Love You!

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. sounds like you have all your options planned out. Hope you and George have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a lot done in the yard. George worked on finishing the soffit on the shed and I painted and worked on the fence. The "vines" that I planted a few years ago have been destroying the fence. So I had to cut them back and going to have young son move them today. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. I didnt get much done today either because I wasnt feeling so great either. But as you told me dont push yourself let it happen. Slow and steady like the turtle and the hare. My husband has to work tomorrow so I am hoping we can go fishing on sunday or after work tomorrow to get away and have some down time together. Ive been blog hunting tonight and getting in touch with some old blogging buddies. Its become good therapy once again. Love ya dear friend xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness Girl! I don't get anything done at the pace I use to! Shit is seems like it takes me forever to clean the house, something that use to take me a couple of hours to do. I so don't sweat it anymore. It always gets done and now I do what I want to do that needs to be done. Like the fence, I want to do it, it needs to be done and the dishes didn't go anywhere, they are still in the sink this morning. I will get them done and then go back to the fence at day light. Love you!

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. I have never played domino either. It seems like a lot of fun. I hope you two will have a wonderful time together!
    As for your comment, it made me wish for the yard bbq's and the outdoors fun! But you had the sweetest reason for liking winter!
    Have a happy, happy weekend and a blessed full moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We worked in the yard yesterday, the weather was wonderful warm with a gentle breeze so it wasn't summer hot. So I still don't know how to play. LOL
      Wishing you a good rest weekend! And Full Moon Blessings to you!

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. Hi Dede! I think of you every time I try and figure out how to make my blog look better - lol. I'm so glad the hubby is home and that you two get to spend some time. Have a great time, and be a slug! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! We spent most of his weekend together working in the yard. It's like cleaning the house, the more you do, the more that will need to be done.

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  6. It was great hearing from you!!
    I am so glad you are healthy and happy...What a fighter!!
    We start spring cleaning also next month..
    picking uo thousands of branches so my husband can mow and removing debris from the flower beds..UGHH!
    Have a SUPER day!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many branches laying around. When it is cold I don't do yard work. So needless to say lots to be done. I did get the vines cut off the front fence and young son got them moved. That was huge! It's going to take a few more weekends to get it caught up, but that's okay.

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  7. Nothing like a good game of domino. Once you get the hang of it, the game can be quite exciting.
    Thank you for all your well wishes. I accept with and open heart.
    Blessed Sunday to you.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts and prayers are with you Nicole! Enjoy your weekend!

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))