Monday, October 12, 2009

What To Do

Today is Monday, October 12, 2009. It was cloudy most of the day and hot. Still waiting for that Fall weather to come. Tricked me into thinking it was here two weeks ago. Oops, I spoke to soon, it is now pouring.

Didn't get much done in the way of work today. I did get my picture finished that I was making out of a card. It is a dragon on top of a castle with a full moon behind him. Caught a cold from son #5 and don't feel like doing to much of anything other than trying to breathe.

I read Sherry's blog the other night about coming to crossroads in our lives and how we really don't have to much control over a lot of things. Some of the crossroads that we come to who would have ever thought we would be there.

The crossroads that hubby and I are at now. Do we settle for him being gone for two weeks to be home a day and a half? Do we sell and move, then to have something happen with this contract? Do we just ride it out and if so for how long is the ride? Do we pick up and leave all of the kids and grandkids? We never, never thought we would be living states away from each other, let alone having no end in sight of how long this could last. We have never been apart more than three nights, this is all just so mind boggling.

Do we rent a house there and live here part time and there part time? Do I suspend my Internet business while I am in SC? Where would we spend the holidays? What about the critters, the pool, the garden? We can't take all of this..... None of this do we have control over as to how it will turn out.

I do know that I am getting to old for this stuff. Our kids have lived in three homes and one was temporary while waiting for the one we are in now. Never cared for moving, it's like I leave a piece of me and so many memories. The last move I remember removing the growth charts in the hallway of the kids. Thinking this will be the last time that I walk through this house on the way out locking the door behind me.

This is the only home that the grandkids know for us. They know no other house for grandma and papa. What will happen to the summers in the pool and grilling out? How often will we see them?

I guess when this all plays out, we will have some answers, but not until......

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today.~Brightest Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))