Monday, November 30, 2009

Yes! My Jeep Is Good Again

Toady is Monday, November 30, 2009. It was a pretty day, although a little cooler this morning than it was yesterday. But, as the day went on, the weather warmed up.

Well my Jeep is running again! Yes, no more riding with my kids. Oh how this does my heart good. We took it out for a "test" drive yesterday when we were finished and everything was good.

Then off to Home Depot for the building of the shelf/table. Well, it wasn't what I wanted or thought we were going to build, but it doesn't look bad and it will work. He cheated! He bought a prebuilt counter top. So I will paint the braces tonight and hang the shelves and any touch ups that need to be done. No window or floor, ran out of time.


I am getting this cooking for weeks at a time down to a science. It took just under four hours to cook 22 meals. He was more happy about the bread than the meals, go figure. At least I know that he is eating good healthy food and not that burger joint stuff they call food.

Tomorrow I can start getting things moved back in. Have to get the boys living room cleaned out to get to the fireplace, it is supposed to be twenty-eight Friday. We will need to be burning that fire. Just the thought of twenty-eight gives me goose bumps.

So tomorrow will be moving stuff back into my room, get groceries and do the boys laundry. Have to go see my mom too. I haven't been over to her house in about three weeks. I do call her every day and sent her a crock pot of homemade soup last week.

Looks like it is going to be a busy week. Which is just OK by me anything to make the next three weeks go faster. Then next week I need to get into the garden and get it turned, now that is a chore. Not to mention all of the projects that are started again and not finished due to moving everything out of my room. It will all get finished......it always does.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your wheels fixed! Nothing can make you appreciate your own car, than for it to be out of commission for a bit. You are SO lucky that your hubby knows how to do some major auto repairs! If you had to have a repair shop do it, it would not only have cost you a lot more, but you could have been waiting a lot longer for it too! And then it is cross you fingers, that it is repaired correctly.

    And congrats on getting your room done. .or done enough to be able to move your things back. I'm sure that you're going to appreciate that extra shelf!

    Yes! Get to that fireplace! We don't want you to freeze!! And a fire in a fireplace is so cozy. I envy you.
    Have a great week, but don't work too hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jeep.. silly as it may sound a jeep is my dream vehicle... just is not practical... I love them.. gorgeous color too..

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))