Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Over, Time To Clean Up

Today is Monday, December 28, 2009. It was a beautiful day the sun was shinning and it was cool but not the extreme cold we have been having. The squirrels have found the wood pile and have made a game of chasing one another over it.

Started cleaning and reorganizing things again in my room. I like the totes, but they just don't allow you to really see what you have. So I am now thinking like little cubbies on the wall for the fabric. Also made this little burlap lavender hugs heart sachet for Valentine's day coming up. Need to get going on Valentine's items instead of waiting a couple of weeks before the holiday.

Christmas was nice and everyone seemed to be happy. We ate an early dinner and after that the kids kind of went on to do their own thing. Which was nice for hubby and I, ah quiet. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the holidays, but this year I am so glad they are over. I so couldn't wait to get decorations down and put away and the house cleaned up, things put back where they belong. The house seems so much bigger today than it did a couple of weeks ago.

Hubby is chomping at the bit trying to get into the Jacksonville area. He is checking his e-mail like he is waiting on the winning lottery numbers. He told me this morning, I don't want to go back there. I don't want you to have to. If he doesn't hear something in the next couple of days, then he knows he will be leaving Sunday. Neither one of us is looking forward to that.

Son #3 still no job. He and his dad had a "one on one" talk about taking responsibility and getting your priorities in order. Oh to be twenty-two again......

The grandkids were over and the little guy, my blanket baby, wants me to make his puppy a blanket. I asked him if he was sharing his blanket with her. He said no grandma, she really needs one of her own. LOL

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

8 comments:

  1. Hey Dede!

    Sounds like you had a nice busy holiday. The burlap Valentine heart is so sweet! I have to go checkout your store and start utilizing my credit card soon. Lol! I had a wonderful time in California...the weather was so beautiful and a couple days I stayed with my brother who lives on the beach *sigh*. Makes me want to go back. The crowds don't though. I'm with ya on the holiday. I am so glad it's over with. I've never felt that way before, just this year. Looking forward to the New Year. Sounds like you are too!

    xoxo

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a nice holiday... so glad to hear... like you I am trying to clean up and get things back to normal... whatever that is..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little heart is so cute!

    How sweet of your grandson to request a blanket for his dog! Back to the sewing machine!

    Glad you had a nice time with the family! Keeping my fingers crossed for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart! I know how you feel I've started taking down stuff too! I'm trying to make hearts I'm just in slow mode. :) It is cold here wind chill in the teens! Burrr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....awww on the Baby Blanket.....Yes its over woot woot...

    xoxoxoxoxo Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hon....Awwww to the sweet little one..how wonderful you make him things! Too cute!
    You could not pay me to be 21 again..unless I could take all my hard earned wisdom with me - LOL!!
    I too am glad to be done with the holidays..I didn't feel like celebrating until the day after Christmas.LOL!! Oh well..need to plan better next year! Here is to a wonderful 2010~~ Are you going to celebrate the Blue moon? I am thrilled!! Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. har har har 'she really needs one of her own.' what a clever little boy.

    The heart is wonderful.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your new year wishes .... You are welcome again to visit my blog

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))