Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome September


Today is Wednesday, September 1, 2010. The last couple of days we have had no rain, cloudy and windy. A most welcome change in the weather. The sun has peeked out from behind the clouds which has made it look like a fall day.

Time has been moving so quickly, the last two weeks are gone and I am not sure where they have gone to. It is already September and before we know it, it will be December. And then on to another passing year....

Mama came over yesterday and had a friend to meet her. My plans for the day were to get the house cleaned and have the rest of the week to create. Well, as mama was doing her laundry, I continued to clean house. What are you doing, mama asked me. Cleaning house.. Why? Because it needs it. You really think it does? Yes, mama I do. I kept the coffee pot full while her and her friend sat and talked. And talk they did for almost three hours. It was nice seeing the two of them enjoying each others company. They are supposed to go out Saturday night and meet up with some other friends. Would love to be a fly on the wall Saturday night, but then again maybe not.

We are up to four eggs a day! This is so exciting! I haven't had to buy eggs in two weeks and don't think I will have to again. I will say the saying about the rooster ruling his roost is so untrue. Those girls run him to death. When one is ready to lay an egg, she goes back into the coop and gets into her box, lays her egg and then goes back outside. They make some noises while they are laying and it is a very different noise. When they make this noise he comes running. Sunday morning while they were outside, every time a hen went to lay, he would come running back to the coop. This happened for a couple of hours, he had to be hungry and tired, all he spent his time doing was running to the coop and back to the hens that were outside.

Trying to get things made for the holidays and my Etsy shop is proving to be a real challenge this year with the way time has been passing. I have even started making notes to myself as to what needs to be started and finished by what time. Working on a photo album for the in laws. I started this a couple of months ago, knowing that trying to get pictures from all of the kids was going to be next to impossible. I still haven't received one picture.....ugh... Thinking it will be easier for me just to grab a couple of those disposable cameras and a few days I should be able to get them. The kids never send hard copy pictures any more, they are all sent via e-mail. This does not make them happy, as she has told me, she can't put that computer in her purse to show her friends.

Time to get in a forward direction, catch up on what has been happening in blog land and back to work.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

5 comments:

  1. Welcome September indeed. It's come in with a bang 96 degrees, but lets hope this is summer's last hoorah.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for fall. Really just to get rid of the 100 degree weather... I want so to get in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for September and for eggs! You've been very busy creating love all the new treats in your shop! xo :) Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your always busy.....Fall is heaven..miss ya xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still in the 90s here for September, aghhhhh. We are getting some cooler air on Friday, I can't wait!! This heat does not help my productivity at all!! I love Fall, ummm not so fond of Winter though either!! I love your new wool bags!! Everyone I see I want!! I will have to narrow it down, eeeny meeeny miney mo, lol. I've had to make a list this year too, lol. I would love some fresh eggs, although it sounds like your poor Rooster could do with out. LOL, love that you can't put the computer in a purse, hahahahaha.

    I hope your having a great week Dede!
    ((Big Hugs))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))