Monday, May 2, 2011

Today is Monday, May 2, 2011. I truly can not believe how fast time moves. The weather has been super nice,hot but not so hot that you can't enjoy it.

They officially totaled the Jeep and after seeing it, I am so thankful that both of them guys walked away from that mess. Now to find another car. I hate car shopping! So I have started that hunt.
I had found these slippers on Etsy a while back, but it is for the pattern and not the finished slippers. So I had posted on my Facebook about them and a very special friend of mine, she is currently battling cancer for the third time and third different type. She is truly someone that I look up to! Anyway she let me know that she did crochet by pattern and to get the yarn sent to her so that she would have something to do. Needless to say I have the yarn and buttons ready to go. Here is a picture of the slippers and the scarf.
You can get this pattern here, Genevive for only $4 bucks!

This scarf pattern can be purchased here at RobynRenee for only $4. It is just so very cool!

The skin graft went well, and it stings like I knew it was going to! I don't think there are any drugs that will take that sting away. The dressings and staple are all removed now and it is time to start working my right arm. It doesn't bend the way it use to or turn over the way it use to. So I do think I am going to have to really work are getting it to move again. In less than 3 weeks I will start 6 weeks of radiation. From what I have heard from folks and read, the first half isn't to bad, its' the last half that is really bothersome. I have to eat no matter how bad I feel, if I start losing weight and not eating, they will put in a feeding tube and I have already dodged it once.

Woke up this morning to Usama Bin Laden had been killed and had a been buried at sea. Talk about a long time coming. I am so very proud of our men and women who fight for our freedom everyday.

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today.~Brightest Blessings~

10 comments:

  1. My goodness, it's a miracle that George stepped out of that car. An angel was watching out for him. It's always so good to hear from you, and you never cease to amaze me. You are such a strong woman. Please do take care of yourself and be sure to get those nutrients in.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your jeep but like you said as long as the occupants were ok that really is all that matters. I envy your nice warm weather. It was 39 here this morning... blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dede! Wow - I am so glad no one was hurt in the Jeep. Scary! And I'm glad the graft is done (even though I'm sure it hurts like the dickens). Take care of you, and keep eating lots of healthy foods to get you through this next round (and chocolate counts! haha). xox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you!

    Oh my, that wreck. I'm so happy they were not hurt!

    "Today, Justice"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning hon!! Wow the car is scary...so glad all walked away ok hon...WOW!!!
    The skin graft...I cannot imagine hon..hang in there! I had an epidural with Nonni and it damaged my back..well my legs really. Took a while to get the left one back under me ..but it will come hon. (((Hugs)))
    I do remember my mother having radiation and I think she had a bit of trouble with the 2nd half...soothing things for the throat will help and a bit of chamomile maybe! You will do fine my brave friend! I agree with Pam...load up on the chocolate and Hagendas icecream!

    Justice is correct!!!
    Huge hugs hon, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, I am so glad George is ok!
    Thanks goodness he and his friend are alright.
    That Jeep is a mess.

    Can you put anything on the skin graft?
    Aloe vera works wonders for itching.
    Frozen banana pieces in the blender would be good for you and have lots of vitamins and sooth your throat!
    Like ice cream but vitamins.
    This has been a time of trial, I wish I could take it all away from you!
    Happy Birthday sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little bunnies and baskets. :0)
    So glad everyone is okay. Good luck on the car hunting!
    And glad to hear that the graft is healing well.
    Happy Spring to you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be so glad when life settles down for you Dede. It will settle down, and go smoothly again. My Daughter Shari totaled her car on the day of my Halloween party last fall.
    I swear my Halloween parties are cursed. Dont know if I am going to try and brave another one this fall. I hate car shopping too, I'm so afraid of getting ripped off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dede!
    Thank God they are alright, the jeep looks really bad.
    You are truly an inspiration to me. Like Sarah my mother had cancer and I look back and see how incredibly strong she must have been.
    Ron had radiation and the last three weeks are definitely the worse. But it will end. Then the healing begins. Just take it one day at a time. It makes you realize how much that simple statment means doesn't it? Every day is a blessing for all of us. Thanks for inspiring all of us! Lots of healing energy sent your way!

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))