Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Done One To Go


Today is Wednesday, April 20, 2011. One day before the big 49th birthday. Not feeling bad about this one, 30 was the tough one for me. The weather has been just gorgeous, warm and lots of sunshine.

One quilt is done and the other one is almost finished. Have one child that he nor his wife seem to have time to sit for 20 minutes with their children and let them color a picture. So I will use some of the extra ones that the other grand kids had done, no big deal, they are not going to stop me from getting this done. Hope to have it finished up tonight.

Need to work on getting the laundry done up and the house cleaned up. Not really much to do, but I will feel better when it is done. I don't mind saying that tomorrow is really bothering me. I just have this horrible feeling that this skin graft is going to be worse than the 12 hour neck surgery. I can deal with hurt, but that damn stinging, that is another story. I would rather you hit me than to scratch me. I just can't imagine what my thigh is going to feel like after them have taken a cheese slicer to the skin, I can feel the sting already. Usually I handle pain pretty good, a very high pain tolerance, but not sure about this. How am I suppose to shower or get a bath with one arm wrapped and a thigh too? That bothers me too, the thought of not being able to get under running water to get clean. I went without a shower or bath for two weeks when I was in ICU, just not a good feeling.

One the way home from work yesterday, George totaled the Jeep. He and his buddy are alright, or at least the hospital didn't keep them overnight. No broken bones, although his buddy needed oral surgery. He hit the window, how I don't know with a seat belt and an air bag. George said the inside of the Jeep just exploded. I haven't seen it, son #4 is going to get the personal things out of it today and get pictures for me. I will share when I get them. George is so upset, that was our most dependable source of transportation. The truck is down while is he rebuilding the carburetor, and the bug the crankshaft. So needless to say this is not the time for it to happen, but we are so blessed that they are alright. A cop seen the whole thing and couldn't believe that the guy turned right in front of George, like he didn't even see him. I really thought that he would be super sore this morning, but not complaints. I keep telling him we are getting to old to break bones, we just don't heal like we use to.

I need to get going if I plan on getting the things I want to get done finished. Just the thought of having me arm out of commission again, well it is just maddening. It has been two months since the second surgery and I feel pretty good, time to get something else done, to make me hurt. LOL

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!! So glad that George (and friend) is okay.

    The quilt is so pretty!! Love the colors!

    Wish I had some words of wisdom or comfort regarding tomorrow's surgery. Just know that I'll be thinking about you. ♥

    Happy Happy Birthday Dear Friend!!

    {{HUGS!!}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that George is okay. What a frightening thing to have happen. Know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow. (((Hugs))).
    That quilt is gorgeous. How talented you are...and what patience.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the accident, but glad a cop saw the whole thing! That has to help, I'd think.

    Many good wishes to you, for the upcoming surgery.

    And early Happy Birthday wishes.

    Gentle hugs,
    .♥.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank the stars that all is well with the George. I am sending healing energy and keeping a candle going for you.
    Hey my 30th birthday was so depressing for me. My 40th was OK and that decade was awesome. I turn 59 next week and I am OK with it. The older you get the more you realize and the great thing is you still feel young.
    Happy birthday
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you love! Hugs to George!
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love and light and I want to read that book!!
    lol
    ps sorry haven't mailed out to you yet please email your address again and BTW that quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a post of ups and downs!! I stopped by to wish you the Happiest of Birthdays. You have a lot of reasons to celebrate, and so do we, for having you in our lives!!

    And then I see your beautiful quilt! It seems that nothing can stop you, once you put your mind to it!

    And then I read about the accident! I feel horrible for you, losing your dependable wheels, but am thanking the stars that George wasn't injured. I'm sure that he will be feeling some stiffness over the next couple of days, as the inner muscles let him know that they were stressed. .but that is nothing compared to what could have happened. I hope that his friend heals quickly!

    As for your upcoming graft work. .let's hope that this is a case of anticipation being worse than the actual deed. I'm continuing to send good energy your way, and wish you a speedy and full recovery!

    May your special day be filled with so much love and laughter, that it spills out into the whole year!
    Sending some hugs & love to get your started!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. you. . not "your". .can't type worth a darn today! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Dede...so glad he is ok...OMG that is really scary. Geesh like there is not enough going on already! Sending healing his way!

    OK....Happy Birthday tooooo youuuuuuu...happy birthday to youuuuuu..happy birthday dear Dede...happy birthday toooooaaaaa yaouuuuuuuu!

    Ackkk what a day to get surgery..sending healing and reiki your way hon..hang in there!! I hope you get a cupcake anyway!!

    Take care of you my dear friend! Hugs and love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Very Belated Birthday Dede!!! I'm so happy to hear that George and his friend are okay!! I love your quilt, beautiful!! I can't wait to see the other one with the kids artwork, how fun!! How do you transfer it? Hope your having a wonderful weekend!

    ((Big Hugs))
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))