Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's Wednesday! Going To Be A Productive Day

Today is Wednesday, January 30, 20130.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday.  Opened up the house and went to town cleaning.  Got the house cleaned and the laundry hung, dried and put up. Had to get it done yesterday, it is suppose to get cold here on Thursday again.  I have found that it takes forever when it is cold to dry clothes.

George's dad has just finished up treatment for lung cancer.  Now keep in mind that the man is 80 years old and well, let's just say set in his ways. When you have radiation treatments in the neck are, it makes it hard to swallow, sometimes very hard. Everything gets very tight in that area.  So he was being a man, and says, "Dee I can't eat!". OH YES YOU CAN! I know it is hard and it can hurt, but if you don't eat you are going to continue to lose weight and be back in the hospital AGAIN.  Now make up your mind that you are going to eat.  This was the general conversation with him and I via George.

Well he continued to be a caca and give mom a bunch of crap over eating so he ended up with a feeding tube.  Well the feeding tube wrapped itself around his intestines.  Now nothing was staying down and back to the hospital to have it removed.  Needless to say he is not being very nice to mom.  

So last weekend we went to see them.  Now I can let dad know I DO know what he is going through and he needs to buck up!  George made his oyster stew for dad and I used the food saver to portion out a bowl serving and froze them laying flat.  Then to get him some yeast rolls, he loves his rolls.  Got a half flat of Plant City Strawberries, cleaned them and got them portioned up and frozen. Made mom her favorite banana bread, took her 3 of the little loaves.  

Mom is really stressed, super stressed.  So we are going back in a couple of weeks and spend 5 or 6 days there. Taking the RV so we have a close place to stay without staying in the house.  So I thought what a better way to destress than to have a day spa for one?  She has never went to the spa or even so much as a massage. So my plan is to get he checked into the day spa and allow her the day to herself for her.

Then to ship day, George and Kerry his brother off to the bridge to fish. They all love to fish and haven't done so in years.  How silly is that? That is food got get it guys!  

Now while they are all doing their things, oh my goodness, that poor yard is a living mess.  So my plan is to get the yard cleaned up while they are all gone for the day and make a crock pot dinner.  That fresh air should kick dad's appititte into high gear. 

So this is the reason for the push in sales.  I need to get the guys their fishing licenses and George says we are going to need one more fishing pole.  Then of course the cost to cover the day spa for mom. Have to have George to figure out the days we can leave due to his work and when the planes are coming and when they will be leaving. There is usually a couple of days lag time when they finish up one and start the next one.  He is putting the WI-FI on the planes so that you can use your computers while in flight. That is just to cool.

I have a rant about the blogs that are using BOTH the robot verification and blog author approval.  If you are using one, why in the world do you have to use two?  Drop the robot verification and go with the blog author approval, you have to read them anyway to post them so why are we having to do that damn robot verification ?!?  From here on out if I don't get it correct on the first try, sorry but I am moving on. I find it totally senseless to have to do both. Not to mention a wast of time trying to figure out the verification and I know I am not the only one.  Sound off in the comments and let me know how you feel about this.  Is it as maddening for you as it is for me, or am I just ranting for no real reason here?

Okay time to hit the shower and get that "clutter" in my room cleaned up and more pictures taken as soon as the sun comes up.

~Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today!~ Brightest Blessing


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and sending healing energy. I will do the same for your George's dad and family. I know that everyone's spirit is upset.
    It is nice that you can go and help out.
    On a lighter note. I really dislike the robot verification, and I do approve the comments. I use to NOT us the RV but the incredibly horrible sexual comments that blogger allowed through was even to much to read and disapprove. Yes I reported them.
    Sending you hugs and positive energy.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there pretty lady! Have i mentioned how much i missed you??
    Thank you for the wonderful comment. You brightened my day.
    Here in Greece whenever someone has health issues we give him "iron" wishes(as if to be made of iron, strong and healthy). So lots of iron wishes to G's dad!
    P.s. we have the same issues here with clothes so i hang them inside under the air conditioner when the weather is bad. I can't wait for spring to come!
    Blessings of love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I said this before, but I am so happy to see you back. It is such a pleasure to visit with you. I dislike that blog verification thing as well. What gets me is that, when you miss it the first time, it gets 'harder' the next time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back and bustling away! Thinking of poor dad-in-law and hoping he heals well. He's got to eat!

    I used to have both of those things on my blog because with only the verification, people would cut & paste awful things to my comments and verify them and then I wouldn't notice them until after their garbage had been seen by others. When I used to have the blogger-approval system, my inbox would get totally spammed. Anyway, that seems to have tapered off and now I simply have comment approval. That way, I see the comment before it goes out - no more garbage on the blog and I can edit double comments and such. It's all a learning curve, this blogging thing!

    Hugs & love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))