Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wet Wednesday

Today is Wednesday, April 3, 2013.  Yesterday was cloudy and a tiny shower early in the day, but it never did bring the storms, however today looks to be a little different outside.  I have fence and posts that I wanted to paint today before putting them up.  It is easier to paint them before they go into the ground.  So we shall see if the storms make it today or not.  According to the weather man, it is supposed to storm today thru Friday.  Hoping he is wrong again today......

These are George's and young son's favorite breakfast or snack.  Apple fritters are so good fresh hot out of the fryer.  The smell of them will bring young son out of his room to see what is cooking.  They are super easy to make and quick to.  Lots less expensive to make than to go purchase them.  They never go to waste.

Yesterday I was putting the mats together for the RV and had to take one apart because it had creased, so when I sewed it of course it came up short. Hoping today to get them finished up and then on to finding fabric to match the comforter and shams.  Was so excited to get the clearance e-mail from Wal-Mart.  Got this comforter with the shams and shipping for $25! I love the purple and gold together.  So now the mission is to find a purple and gold fabric for curtains and the window boxes. Spent hours looking at fabrics on line and just didn't find anything. So I guess I will have to hit the fabric store when George is off again and see what I can find.


So the plans for today are to make these new peanut butter no bake cookies and see how they turn out.  Paint the 3 fence panels and 5 posts.  Then to finish up the mats.  But I have to balance the checkbook and pay a couple of bills, I so dislike that job.  Usually I am right on it the first of the month and here it is the third already, haven't changed the A/C filter either and that gets done on the first as do changing out every one's toothbrush and smudging. Oh and this month the quarterly taxes have to be done too. Lovely......

~Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today!~ Brightest Blessing

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting so anxious for my retirement to begin. I'll have time to do all those things I have been missing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to your retirement too! You so deserve it and soon! I do think that you should write a book of your life at your own pace though. What an awesome read that would be! Counting the days with you Mary!

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Love the color and pattern of the comforter! Hope the weather cooperated with the painting project. Anxious for Spring to arrive.....
    Hope the rest of your week is filled with love and laughter! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanny I have never seen the purple and gold like that before and fell in love with it. The weather didn't cooperate with the paint and not today either. Maybe tomorrow after running errands it will be nice and things can dry out enough to paint.

      (((HUGS)))

      Delete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))