Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Rant For The Day

Today is Tuesday, April 21, 2009. Another beautiful day! This is a picture of the rose bush that mom gave me that was all but dead just before winter. The sprout with 3 buds is an off shoot of the main one. Even with the squirrels using it for a ladder to stare at me to bring them more groceries, it is thriving! Will take more pictures when then open. I am so amazed at this little guy!

Started the quilt for my grand daughter, mistake was working on it when she showed up. Not the way that I would have done it, however as my son let me to know, it is her quilt. She is two and knows what she wants. It should be interesting when it is finished. She just had a hay day in the fabric.

I do believe that I will be taking my business to a web site all of it's own. This has been a long time in coming and I really do believe it is time to move forward. I use to love Bonanzle, something to look forward to everyday. Not so much the case any more.

It seems that with growth comes change and change is good. The forums use to be a place to go to have a break and have some "fun". Now they seem to be almost toxic. Then of course you have a few that if they don't like what is said the thread winds up in drama or poofs. I will say that it was a terrific site when it was about 600 members.

The new home page is all the same color, no matter what items are featured. Paying a membership was supposed to have exposure to the front page. HA! Now it seems that if you have the word e-bay in your listing and less than three points on the "More Seller Details" page you will be on the home page. I have checked several of the lists and it seems that if you are a non supporting member your items will be there. A lot of them haven't even changed the generic avatar or logged in since they dumped their items on Bonanzle. It seems it is all about the "pretty" pictures. Sorry folks, I would think it had to do with who was buttering my bread.

Well enough about my rant this morning. Have a quilt to finish and laundry to hang. Have a wonderful day! Get out in the dirt today and have some fun! BrightestBlessings!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dede,
    Kinda new to Bonanzle and haven't really made an effort to do too much socially there - it's really hard to get around that part. I did notice the tude and kinda avoided it. Did you know that if you have Paypal you can add a sales blog and link it to this page? I just found that out - very cool. Are you on Ebay?
    Thank you for the wonderful plug at the top of your page - huge hugs & BB, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))