Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quick Update

Today is Saturday, February 13, 2010. The sun is out! Can you believe it? I took this screen shot yesterday at noon.


George called me at seven yesterday morning to check the radar, he was at work and planned to leave at noon, lunch time. When I seen the radar, there was blue, never have I seen blue. So found the key and it said snow. Snow? That white frozen rain falling from the sky?

When I seen the radar, I was thinking there is no way he is going to miss this if he leaves at noon. Told him what I seen and thought. He decided to leave at eight, a wise decision. This is what he would have encountered if he had left when planned. He made it in about three. He did run in and out of snow and sleet.

After returning from town yesterday, I had read all of the great comments on my blog. Suzie had left a potion to get rid of the stink of skunk from the dogs. I had only one bottle of peroxide so off the the store to get two more. With young son have to have one on hand for almost daily use.

So after dinner the potion was made, George wanted to know what I was up to. LOL Just trying to get the stink off of your dogs. George got Doc and brought him into the house. Doc does NOT like baths or anything to do with water. Okay that wasn't so bad was it Doc and you smell so much better. He gave me the look of disgust. Then to do Lady, she likes her baths and water. They both slept in the house, Doc in young sons bed and Lady on the love seat. They both want to say a big THANK YOU SUZIE! I have added this potion to my book of what to do if. We are sure this will happen again.

Not sure of what George wants to do today, don't really think he knows for sure. He has went to town to check on something for the truck. So thought I would do a quick up date. Becca did your hubby make it alright? I really dislike them traveling when the weather is so bad.

Try to stay warm and dry. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

6 comments:

  1. Yep Dede he made it down there ok! He said the winds were strong he missed the snow too but did drive in the rain. Have a great weekend too! My hubby says he's cold 50 degrees. I told him it's in the 20's here and it snowed again today. I have to go shovel so I'd take 50 anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful weekend, too. Enjoy the sun while you can. It's around so infrequently lately.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear your dogs dont smell anymore and also that George arrived home safe and sound to be with you over Valentines... Hope you have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day to you! I hope you and George are having a lovely weekend together.

    Hugs and love,
    xo
    ANgela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on your posts! Hope you had a great Valentine's. Not that I plan on needing it, but I'll have to jot down the destinker potion! LOL! good to have on hand?

    xx's Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed the last post about the skunk - eek! Poor pups - but they don't really know any better, do they.

    So glad they are nice and clean and had a warm sleep inside!

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))