Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Full Day

Today is Wednesday, May 19, 2010. The weather has been really weird this week. It will be bright sunshine one minute and then thunderstorms the next. It was nice yesterday morning until early evening when the storms rolled in. We are supposed to have storms all week.

I am so loving my chickens, they are so much fun to watch. The first time I seen them scratch the ground I had no idea what they were doing. I have since learned, looking for bugs. Watching them groom is so funny. They puff up and go to it, or when they see another one with something in their beak and walk by only to snatch it from the other one. I kind of feel for the rooster though, he is not the king of the coop, the hens keep him in line. Poor little guy....

Today weather permitting, I am going to work in the garden and work on the pool. The garden needs some real attention, the pool, well I think is just an excuse. But, if anyone asks, the pool "needed" to be done.

Have to get orders packed and shipped out this morning and go to the produce stand, then home to get the boys schoolwork done. Then outside to get the fun stuff done.

I have felt so scattered since I have been home. Can't seem to focus on anything for any length of time. So need to get pictures of products, listed and sites updated and just can't seem to get it together long enough to do it.

Thank you to all that engaged in the "Life is Good" award. It has been so much fun learning about each of you! Thank you Lisa !

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessings~

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Dede
    The chickens sound like they would be fun to watch never really been around any before. The weather has been the same here.Last night they had some severe storms 3o miles away from us. I don't think anyone was hurt. Thank goodness for that they did have baseball size hail.
    Sometimes I feel the way you are feeling. It always help to stop and do something I enjoy and relax.
    Love the award I had so much fun reading about everyone also.
    You have a fantastic day!!
    Hugs
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor ol Rooster. lol Isn't that they way, though. Any guy would be crazy to live with a bunch of women. :) I seem to have trouble focusing on my art right now, or listing art I've already done. Can't blame Mercury Retrograde anymore so I guess I'll have to find something else to blame it on. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - I had chickens for a few years when I was a teen - I loved them! I know you'll get so much joy (and yummy eggs) from yours!

    Hope the sun holds out while you get some pool time in...I mean...pool cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dede! I think you are just recovering from your adventure. It takes a while to settle back in. I really want chickens, but first I have to build them a good coop, because we have foxes and hawks! Eeek! I will make it a strong coop. xox!

    ReplyDelete

It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))