Wednesday, August 24, 2011


Today is Wednesday, August 24, 2011. The weather has truly been gorgeous this summer, I know the heat has been some days unbearable, but it has been gorgeous. We have afternoon storms roll in that seems like every afternoon. But, if you get your laundry hung in the morning, it has plenty of time to dry before they arrive.

Yesterday I was able to get all but three pair of curtains washed, ironed and hung backup and a load of laundry done before they arrived. Poor George trying to keep up with the lawn is just crazy. It is growing like a jungle with all of this rain, but it sure is pretty.

After I had my CT Scan and my doctor said that she didn't see anything, the following week she called George, I had to go in for a biopsy. Let me tell you, I don't have to many bad days, but when I do, just don't fuck with me. Leave me alone.....well this day had been a bad day and I didn't want to hear about a biopsy that "had" to be done within the week. Since the 21st of January I have done nothing but live by doctor visits, blood draws, surgeries, radiation, physical therapy, CT Scans, MRI's, consultations and who knows what I have forgotten.

After dinner George sat down across from me at the kitchen table, he never sits across from me, always next to me. I knew something was up and I knew I wasn't going to like it. He tells me that my doctor called him today and one of the other doctors "seen something" and wants a biopsy done right away. She told George that she still didn't see what he was seeing, but wanted to just be "safe". Okay, what is their idea of a biopsy?

Their idea of a biopsy is a "needle guided" by a CT Scan. Okay I can do this standing on my head, no problem. We get there and I should have known something was up when they told George that I couldn't have anything to eat or drink from 3 a.m. on. Why? Come to find out they are not going to put me out, but I will not be out of it so if they need to get me back for something they can do it. You know when the hand you a gown, something is going on.

They come and get me, wheel me into this little room with a CT Scan and a couple of nurses. She lets me know that she is going to start the "feel good juice". Great..... Next comes in this doctor, oh my goodness is he young, he tells me that he is going to stick a needle into the "mass" while watching it on the machine. I finally had the doctor that knew where this mass was! When he tells me, I start laughing, of course they are all looking at me like I am crazy. I grab the nurses pen and write, "it's a cyst that has been there forever, radiation made it just explode". He looks at me like are you serious? Well I could hear the disappointment in his voice as he told the other doctor that was with him, "it is probably just the left overs of the cyst". So he starts getting the fluid and the nurse asks if I am okay, I give her the 2 thumbs up, I heard her tell the other nurse she is completely awake in there. Afterwards she told George that she had given me three times the medication that I was suppose to have and it didn't do anything. Indeed it was a cyst or what was left of it.

We are having a swap at MHA and these are the things I made for my partner. She likes moons, so I made her a little pin cushion, needle holder, clutch, window/purse charm and a turtle bracelet. I hope she enjoys them.

I have also gotten all of the totes, baby blanket and candy made for my treatment team. I am still having issues with the bucket hat. If anyone knows of a you tube video that shows how to put this bad boy together I would be forever grateful. I will take pictures of them before they are given to them.

Only have one more appointment this month and that is tomorrow at the dentist, have to have my teeth cleaned every three months now, it's been three months. Happy, happy, joy, joy next month is up my nose again! LOL

Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live today. ~Brightest Blessing~


  1. Oh Dear One, I'm so glad that you knew more than the doc!

    But on the other hand, I suppose it's good that they are so very thorough. (Don't *whap* me, for sounding like Pollyanna! -grin-)

    Sweet Halloween things...

  2. It's so good to hear from you. We do know our bodies and glad you were able to pinpoint what was wrong. I understand the doctors wanting to be safe, but also that you've already been through so much, my dear friend. (((Hugs)))

  3. WHEW! That is good news, and I'm glad you had it double checked (just in case!). You have been through the mill. I sure hope you are rewarding yourself with something nice after all you've been through. :)) Love! xo Pam

  4. I can just imagine you laughing at the doctor! I'm really happy to hear that the "mass" was just the remnants of a cyst.

    Sounds like you've been as busy as every. Your swap-partner will LOVE the gifts!

    Hugs to you!


  5. DeDe I have so missed my dear friend. I am sorry...I have been in a funk with the fibro pain and all the meds. Was in a fog for the last 6 months from the meds not being correct. I was sick, depressed, unmotivated, migraines, and throwing up. Started a new doctor and coming out of brain fog, it kind of ruined my mental retention, and weakened my heart but all can be reversed with the right support and time. I love you DeDe and when you became sick it tore my heart up and I became scared and hid and I am truly sorry. I love you dear friend. And this year I will come visit you no matter what scrimp and save..I am still standing on the other side of the gulf waving to you. DeDe I need your strength and your friendship.



It was nice of you to take time out of your busy day to stop by. Blessings to you and your family! (((HUGS)))